The upcoming 30th Annual King Mackerel Tournament
Welcome to the 30th annual Sneads Ferry Rotary Club’s King Mackerel Tournament (KMT), an SKA sanctioned event, to be held on August 20-21, 2021. Brought to you by the Sneads Ferry Rotary Club. Major sponsors are: Pluris, Onslow County, Power Marine Outfitters, & JOEMC. Over $40,000 in prizes will be awarded. To see the listing of prizes to be awarded and the tournament rules, click on the Prizes/Rules tab or click here. Event located at New River Marina in Sneads Ferry, NC. Registration now open, and even better news is that you’ll be able to register on the website! This is a great event for meeting new people and exploring the great eastern North Carolina coast. Come and enjoy watching the boats come in with the fish and tasting the tasty seafood. This is a wonderful event, please come out and take in the coastal air!
This will be the 30th year that The Rotary Club of Sneads Ferry has hosted the annual King Mackerel Tournament that has raised approximately $1.0 million dollars for giving back into the local community, region and to other parts of the world through Rotary projects supported by the club. Those projects include:
· College Scholarships for Dixon High School Seniors
· Coastal Carolina Community College Perpetual Endowment Fund
· SAT Scholarship Fund support
· Dictionaries for Onslow County Third Graders
· Support of the Lake Waccamaw Boys and Girls Home
· Annual Percy Jenkins Senior Citizen Dinner
· Project Guatemala providing clean water, food, shelter and medical supplies
· Christmas Shopping Program for kids
· Christmas Grocery Project for families in need
· Ongoing support of C.H.E.W, Alzheimer’s Research, Onslow Women’s Shelter, Breast Cancer Victim support, Project Graduation and Local Volunteer Fire Depts.
· Rotary Initiatives: Rotary Youth Leadership Assembly, Rotary Interact Club at Dixon H.S., Paul Harris Fellowships, Project Matching Grants
· Financial Assistance to those in need in our community
And many others …
The evening before the fishing begins is the traditional Captain’s Dinner of fresh cooked shrimp with hushpuppies, slaw and fries all prepared by the Rotary Club members. Last year they served approximately 420 meals. The official start to the event includes a Color Guard followed by the Pledge of Allegiance, the National Anthem, a blessing, and some words from the Rotary Club president.
The 30th Annual Rotary Club of Sneads Ferry King Mackerel Tournament will take place on August 20th and 21st, 2021 at New River Marina in Sneads Ferry. For more information, please visit our website at sfkmt.com