Treasure Realty does not rent to house parties and you must be 25 years old to sign a lease. When you call, we will ask for the week that you are wanting to stay and we will check on the availability of the property you desire. We will need your name, address, and daytime phone number. At least half of the gross rent is due within 24 hours of booking. Your rental is not confirmed until both 1/2 gross rent and a digitally signed Rental Agreement are received. The balance, including all other charges, is due 30 days before your arrival. We cannot accept a personal check for last-minute reservations made in the 30-day deadline. Last-minute payments can be made via a credit card on our website. PLEASE NOTE: Keys will be released ONLY to the person booking the reservation unless prior arrangements are made.
To book a rental for next year we are requiring a 15% payment of the base advertised price due three days after reserving. This will lock in the currently advertised rate and protect you from price increases that may apply to guests that do not book before the beginning of next year. Another 35% will be due in January and then the balance will be due 30 days before your arrival date. No payment is due until the prices are set. You will need to pay 15% two weeks after we set the rates.
We give our current guests the first right of refusal. This means that they have until 5 pm on Monday after their stay to re-book the home for the following year. If they do not re-book the home by that time it becomes available to anyone to rent for that week next year.
You have the option of bringing your own linens or renting them. You will be asked at the time you make your reservation if you would like to rent linens. Linens include sheets and pillow cases for the beds, towels, wash cloths and dish towels. These linens will be in your unit when you arrive or shortly thereafter.
Cleaning of your rental property is included in the rental price. However, you still have the responsibility to clean and put away dishes and remove all trash and food/drink from the property. If we find your unit to be excessively dirty there may be additional cleaning charges applied to your security deposit.
Linens (optional) see above
- Security Deposit amount will vary by property. After your departure, we will carefully inspect the property. This deposit will be returned to you within 45 days after your departure, if no damage occurs, you leave the unit in "as found" condition, and keys and pool passes are returned. If upon our inspection, damages have been found or phone charges were left unpaid or linens, inventory missing, etc., these charges will be deducted from your security deposit. You may choose the Security Deposit Waiver Fee (SDWF) In lieu of a cash deposit. See below:
- Security Deposit Waiver Fee (SDWF) – In lieu of a Security Deposit, Treasure Realty offers a "Security Deposit Waiver Fee (SDWF)" Tenant Damage Protection Policy. This option allows you to obtain a Protection policy that will cover up to $2,500 for accidental damage. Securing the SDWF protection in lieu of the Security Deposit does not negate your responsibilities as a tenant. If you choose not to participate in the program, initial where indicated on the lease, and your final balance will be adjusted accordingly. You must notify the Management Company of any damage or theft to the unit during your occupancy, or this plan is void. Payment for the SDWF Plan will not be accepted after the guest occupies the unit. The charge for this coverage is based on the size of the property ($75 to $175). TREASURE REALTY, INC Property Management Co. receives a fee for this program. A brochure will be sent with your paperwork that explains this program in detail.
- Travel Insurance With CSA. This optional insurance will cover you against losing your deposit due to several factors. We will include a brochure that describes this plan when sending the rental agreement. YOU MUST INITIAL THE APPROPRIATE PLACE ON THE RENTAL AGREEMENT IN ORDER TO DECLINE THIS INSURANCE.
- Onslow County Tax: The tax rate is 13% consisting of 6.75% State tax, 3.25% Onslow county tax, 3% North Topsail Beach tax. Tax rates are subject to change without notice.
- Pender County Tax: The tax rate is 12.75% consisting of 6.75% State tax, 3% Pender county tax, 3% Topsail Beach & Surf City tax. Tax rates are subject to change without notice. For info on the recent tax increase please click here.
- Reservation Fee: There is a $70 processing fee charged for each reservation.
- Pet Fee: If your cottage accepts pets there is a nonrefundable fee of at least $200 per pet.
- Hot Tub Activation: Homes that have a hot tub require at least a $70 hot tub activation fee for activation in the Mid and Off seasons.
- Pool Heat: All heated pools carry at least a $150 heating fee during the Mid and Offseason. Heated pools are not heated during summer. Heated pools will only heat to about 10 degrees higher than the outside temp. Pools will not be heated after October 31st.
- Wedding/Event Fees: Some of our homes will allow weddings or events. There is a $1500 minimum refundable wedding damage deposit and a $500 minimum wedding charge. All weddings must be approved by Kelly Fulcher.
KEYS ARE PICKED UP AT THE TREASURE REALTY OFFICE.
Check-in begins at 4:00 PM and ends at 5:00 PM. Due to the size and complexity of homes in our program, our housekeepers and inspectors need every minute of the 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM window to ensure the cleanliness of your vacation home. We make every effort to ensure all homes are clean and ready for occupancy by 4:00 PM. Please do not buy groceries before check-in. We cannot let you into homes that are not ready, nor can we provide refrigeration facilities. In unusual circumstances, for whatever reason, it may be necessary to delay occupancy beyond 4:00 PM, until your home is ready.
Should you arrive prior to 4:00 PM, you may pre-register with our office. We will take your cell phone number and call you if the home is ready prior to the 4:00 PM check-in. Please do not go to the home before checking in. The cleaning companies will not go to a home where cars are present and that may delay the property being cleaned or not be cleaned at all.
Check-In after 5PM: If you arrive after 5 PM on your check-in day, we will leave your guest packet in the green late arrival mailbox (for Sneads Ferry check-ins) or the white late arrival mailbox (for Surf City check-ins) or in the late arrivals box for the St. Regis (for St. Regis check-ins) just outside of our office door. In order for keys to be left for late arrival, you must have signed and returned your paperwork and be paid in full. Your guest package will have your name and property address on it as well as a map to the property. The code to access each of these late arrivals boxes will be found on the confirmation page (the page with the picture of the home and the amounts on it) that you were emailed with your original paperwork.
Check-out is no later than 10:00 AM sharp on your date of departure. Guest check-out duties* should be completed and home keys and rental items returned to our office. If you plan to leave earlier than the 9:00 AM opening of the rental office, drop your keys and other rental items through the opening in the window beside our the front door of our office. There is a charge for every rental item not returned to our office, such as keys, parking passes and pool passes.
*Check-out duties include washing and putting away all dishes. If you rented linens, please put all of them beside the front door. Remove all trash from the dwelling. If you are renting a house please place trash in the roll cart and push it to within 2 feet of the street for pickup. Remove all food and beverages from your unit. Leave the AC on 78 degrees (or heat at 55 in winter months). Check to make sure that you have not left any personal items in the unit. Treasure Realty will not be responsible for forgotten personal items. Before leaving make certain that all windows and doors are shut and locked and that all the lights are turned off. Failure to do these things could affect your security deposit.
If you have to cancel your reservation, please notify us as soon as possible. We will try to re-rent the cottage. Refunds on canceled reservations are made ONLY IF THE UNIT IS RE-RENTED FOR THE FULL TIME RESERVED. 15% OF THE REFUND WILL BE HELD FOR HANDLING AND REBOOKING CHARGES. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to notify of a need to cancel your booked vacation rental.
New Construction is taking place on Topsail Island. We cannot be responsible for homes that may be under construction next to or near the home you rent. New construction may also alter the views from homes. Please realize that this is a matter beyond our control. Refunds or substitutions cannot be made.
Errors and Omissions
We have put forth every effort to insure that the information on treasurerealty.com (or brochure) is accurate. However, we cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions on our web pages (or brochure), bed arrangements and equipment, or changes in prices. All properties are privately owned and changes may have been made to some of the properties or their contents subsequent to the publishing of this web page. Tenant understand that the functionality of amenities managed by home owners associations are out of the control of Treasure Realty.
The tenant understands and agrees that all funds will be placed in an interest bearing account in The First Citizens Bank in Sneads Ferry, North Carolina on which the interest shall accrue to the benefit of Treasure Realty, Inc. Rates subject to change without notice.
Beach equipment can not be left out overnight on Topsail Island.
Treasure Realty does not manage any homes that are considered fully "handicapped accessible." We do have some homes with elevators and other features that make them more handicapped-friendly, but they do not necessarily meet the requirements to be advertised as truly "handicapped accessible." We will be glad to work with you to find a home that may fit your needs, but no refunds or transfers will be made for any handicapped related home deficiencies.