Frequently Asked Questions
This page contains important information about your stay on beautiful Topsail Beach. For more detailed and legal information please check our Vacation Rental Agreement (TRVRA 12/2010) page.
Making a Reservation for This Year
Treasure Realty does not rent to house parties and you must be 25 years old to sign a lease. When you call, we will ask for the week that you are wanting to stay and we will check on the availability of the property you desire. We will need your name, address, and daytime phone number. After making your reservation you will receive a Rental Agreement in the mail. Upon receipt of your Rental Agreement, you should sign the bottom, keep a copy for yourself, and mail the original back to us along with your advance payment. 1/2 of the gross rent is due within 14 days of making your reservation. Your rental is not confirmed until both 1/2 gross rent and the signed Rental Agreement is received. The balance, including all
Making a Reservation For Next Year (New Policy)
Treasure Realty loves repeat renters. We have already posted early bird pricing for next year, in
We give our current guests the first right of refusal. This means that they have until 5pm on Monday after their stay to re-book the home for the following year. If they do not re-book the home by that time it becomes available to anyone to rent for that week next year.
Linens and Cleaning:
You have the option of bringing your own linens or renting them. You will be asked at the time you make your reservation if you would like to rent linens. Linens include sheets and pillow cases for the beds, towels,
1-2 bedrooms: $75 standard and $110 deluxe
3-4 bedrooms: $115 standard and $155 deluxe
5-6 bedrooms: $140 standard and $185 deluxe
6-8 bedrooms: $175 standard and $240 deluxe
9 bedrooms: $190 standard and $280 deluxe
10 bedrooms: $235 standard and $315 deluxe
- Deluxe linens provide twice the number of towels,
wash cloths, and hand towels.
Cleaning:Cleaning of your rental property is included in the rental price. However, you still have the responsibility to clean and put away dishes and remove all trash and food/drink from the property. If we find your unit to be excessively dirty there may be additional cleaning charges applied to your security deposit.
Your Rental Agreement will have a detailed accounting of charges. Below is a list of common charges.
- Linens (optional)see above
- Security Deposit amount will vary by property. After your departure, we will carefully inspect the property. This deposit will be returned to you within 45 days after your departure, if no damage occurs, you
leavein "as found" condition and keys and pool passes are returned. If upon our inspection, damages have been found or phone charges were left unpaid or linens, inventory missing, etc., these charges will be deducted from your security deposit. You may choose the Security Deposit Waiver Fee (SDWF) In lieu of a cash deposit. See below: unit
- Security Deposit Waiver Fee (SDWF) – In lieu of a Security Deposit, Treasure Realty offers a "Security Deposit Waiver Fee (SDWF)" Tenant Damage Protection Policy. This option allows you to obtain a Protection policy that will cover up to $2,500 for accidental damage. Securing the SDWF protection in lieu of the Security Deposit does not negate your responsibilities as a tenant. If you choose not to participate in the program, initial where indicated on the lease, and your final balance will be adjusted accordingly. You must notify the Management Company of any damage or theft to the unit during your occupancy, or this plan is void. Payment for the SDWF Plan will not be accepted after the guest occupies the unit. The charge for this coverage is $75 and is not refundable. TREASURE REALTY, INC Property Management Co. receives a fee for this program. A brochure will be sent with your paperwork that explains this program in detail.
- Travel Insurance With CSA. This optional insurance will cover you against losing your deposit due to several factors. We will include a brochure that describes this plan when sending the rental agreement. YOU MUST INITIAL THE APPROPRIATE PLACE ON THE RENTAL AGREEMENT IN ORDER TO DECLINE THIS INSURANCE.
- Onslow County Tax: The tax rate is 13% consisting of 6.75% State tax, 3.25% Onslow county tax, 3% North Topsail Beach tax. Tax rates are subject to change without notice.
- Pender County Tax: The tax rate is 12.75% consisting of 6.75% State tax, 3% Pender county tax, 3% Topsail Beach & Surf City tax. Tax rates are subject to change without notice. For info on the recent tax increase please click here.
- Reservation Fee: There is a $60 processing fee charged for each reservation.
- Pet Fee: If your cottage accepts pets there is a nonrefundable fee of at least $200 per pet.
- Hot Tub Activation: Homes that have a hot tub require at least a $70 hot tub activation fee for activation in the Mid and Off seasons.
- Pool Heat: All heated pools carry at least a $150 heating fee during the Mid and
Off season. Heated pools are not heated during summer. Heated pools will only heat to about 10 degrees higher than the outside temp.
- Wedding/Event Fees: Some of our homes will allow weddings or events. There
isa $1500 minimum refundable wedding damage deposit and a $500 minimum wedding charge. All weddings must be approved by Kelly Fulcher.
Check In/Check Out
KEYS ARE PICKED UP AT THE TREASURE REALTY OFFICE.
Check-in begins at 3:00 PM and ends at 5:00 PM. Due to the size and complexity of homes in our program, our housekeepers and inspectors need every minute of the 10AM to
Should you arrive prior to 3 pm, you may pre-register with our office. We will take your cell phone number and call you if the home is ready prior to the 3pm check-in. Please do not go to the home before checking in. The cleaning companies will not go to a home where cars are present and that may delay the property being cleaned or not be cleaned at all.
Check-In after 5PM: If you arrive after 5PM on your check-in day, we will leave your guest packet in the green late arrival mailbox (for Sneads Ferry check-ins) or the white late arrival mailbox (for Surf City check-ins) just outside of our office door. In order for keys to be left for
Check-out is no later than 10:00 AM sharp on your date of departure. Guest check-out duties* should be completed and home keys and rental items returned to our office. If you plan to leave earlier than the 9:00 AM opening of the rental office, drop your keys and other rental items through the opening in the window beside our the front door of our office. There is a charge for every rental item not returned to
*Check-out duties include washing and putting away all dishes. If you rented linens, please put all of them beside the front door. Remove all trash from the dwelling. If you are renting a house please place trash in the roll cart and push it to within 2 feet of the street for pickup. Remove all food and beverages from your unit. Leave the AC on 78 degrees (or heat at 55 in winter months). Check to make sure that you have not left any personal items in the unit. Treasure Realty will not be responsible for forgotten personal items. Before leaving make certain that all windows and doors are shut and locked and that all the lights are turned off. Failure to do these things could affect your security deposit.
If you have to cancel your reservation, please notify us as soon as possible. We will try to re-rent the cottage. Refunds on canceled reservations are made ONLY IF THE UNIT IS RE-RENTED FOR THE FULL TIME RESERVED. 15% OF THE REFUND WILL BE HELD FOR HANDLING AND REBOOKING CHARGES.
New Construction is taking place on Topsail Island. We cannot be responsible for homes that may be under construction next to or near the home you rent. New construction may also alter the views from homes. Please realize that this is a matter beyond our control. Refunds or substitutions cannot be made.
Errors and Omissions
We have put forth every effort
The tenant understands and agrees that all funds will be placed in
Beach equipment can not be left out overnight on Topsail Island.
Treasure Realty does not manage any homes that are considered fully "handicapped accessible." We do have some homes with elevators and other features that make them more handicapped-friendly, but they do not necessarily meet the requirements to be advertised as truly "handicapped accessible." We will be glad to work with you to find a home that may fit your needs, but no refunds or transfers will be made for any handicapped related home deficiencies.