If you’re planning to be on or around Topsail Island this July 4th, don’t miss out on these local opportunities to celebrate our freedom:
A Topsail Island Tradition Since 1975
The Andrews’ Produce Stand in N. Topsail Beach
For nearly 40 years, the Andrews family has been selling produce and other locally grown goodies at the corner of Island Drive and 2nd Avenue in N. Topsail Beach. It all started around the time that Onslow County native, James Andrews (pictured below), built a beach home on 2nd Ave in N. Topsail Beach back in the 70’s. Continue reading A Topsail Island Tradition Since 1975: Andrews’ Produce in N. Topsail Beach
The New Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center is Now Open to the Public!
What a sight to behold was the recent Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center’s “turtle release” in Surf City, NC! Monday, June 2, 2014, was a beautiful day to attend my first ever “turtle graduation,” as some Sea Turtle Hospital volunteers proudly dubbed the festivities. Additional releases took place Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week.
Honestly, I’m not sure if it was the fact that I am pregnant myself, or if there was more to it than that, but I became quite emotional as I approached the staging area and saw nearly a dozen turtles cradled in the arms of caring volunteers. Each one I approached proudly showed off the turtle (whether small or large) in their care. Continue reading Topsail Sea Turtles Return Home
With several prime fishing spots, two large cleaning stations with fresh running water, and a grill and ice cream shop with plenty of screened-in outdoor seating, the Surf City pier is the place to be this summer!
We are very excited to announce that the new Onslow County Public Library and Environmental Education Center is now open in Sneads Ferry, NC, just minutes from Topsail Island’s beaches!
Saturday, April 5th, marked the Grand Opening of the Environmental Education Center and the “Discover Onslow” Exhibit. Continue reading Topsail’s Latest Attraction: An Alligator’s New Home
By Amy Baker
January 3, 2014
Would you take a winter time dip with dolphins on Topsail Island in January?!
Well that is exactly what a few hundred people did on Wednesday, January 1, 2014 in Surf City, NC!
According to WECT News, there were more than 2500 people Continue reading Taking the Plunge: Surf City’s Twelfth Annual Dolphin Dip 2014
If you are Spending the Holidays on Topsail Island this year or visiting the area…
Don’t miss out on these Good Tidings!
By Amy Baker
Spending Christmas on Topsail Island?
Topsail Island and the surrounding communities are all abuzz as the holidays are fast approaching! If you’re planning to be here for the Holidays, check out what’s happening on and around Topsail Island. If you haven’t made plans yet, we do have some great Christmas specials.
Surf City, North Carolina is home to one of the premier spas on Topsail Island… Inis Spa. The Inis Spa Wellness Center is committed to creating an atmosphere of calm serenity that’s ideal for the high quality holistic treatments they offer their clients. If you’re looking for a great day at the spa while visiting Topsail Island, you definitely want to consider Inis Spa.
This is a full service facility that offers all the services and atmosphere that you would expect to find as well as a few additional treatment options, such as reflexology and reiki, that make excellent and relaxing additions to your visit.
Manicures and Pedicures Aren’t Just For Mom
In addition to a wide range of manicure and spa pedicure package offerings, Inis Spa Wellness Center also offers a very special Little Mermaid Manicure package so that young girls, aged 12 and younger, can enjoy a day at the spa like their favorite super Mom.
And if you’re really interested in the works for your manicure or pedicure, be sure to consider the Toes in the Sand Signature Spa Manicure/Pedicure package that provides a spa manicure and pedicure for one low price.
The perfect stop before your day on the beach is at Inis Spa Wellness Center. Whether you’re interested in a half leg, full leg, arm, back, bikini, or Brazilian wax treatment, Inis has the resources to help you meet your requirements before you head out to the beach.
Inis Spa offers a wide range of massage treatment options too. This includes the Inis signature spa massage, pre-natal massage, and couples massage. You’ll have a difficult time discovering a more relaxing way to meet the day while you’re on vacation.
If you are looking to spend the day in paradise relaxing and rejuvenating, one of the best solutions is to spend the day with friends pampering yourselves at the spa. Bring out your inner goddess at Inis Spa Wellness Center.
More Post You May Find Interesting
Why wait for the summer to come to the beach? If you reside in Jacksonville or anywhere near Topsail Island, September and October are great months for a weekend getaway to the beach!
Top Ten Reasons to Visit Topsail Island in the Fall
9) Warm Water: In September, the average sea temperature is still 81 degrees! October’s average is 77 degrees.
8) Water sports: With the weather and the water being so pleasant on Topsail this time of year, surfing, swimming, boating, kayaking, paddle boarding, and the like are all very enjoyable.
7) Golf, Tennis, and More: Take your pick from one of several nearby golf courses like North Shore Country Club, Castle Bay, Olde Point, or Belvedere Plantation, and enjoy several rounds from sunrise to sundown. There are several public tennis courts on the island and several of our condo properties and neighborhoods have private courts accessible to renters. Don’t forget our local parks, where guests can enjoy playground areas, basketball courts, picnic shelters, and other local concerts/events.
6) Shopping: Golfing not really your thing? Why not take home some Topsail Island treasures? Lots of local shops are still open in September and October, and the discounts abound as shopkeepers transition into the off season.
5) FISHING: One of the best times of year to fish on Topsail is in the fall. Go to fisherman’s post for a report of the local action. Then, check out one or more of Topsail’s fishing piers, like Sea View, the Jolly Roger, or Surf City Pier, or try your hand at surf fishing from your own tailgate–in one of the few places where you can actually drive your vehicle out on the beach (on the northern tip of the island). Of course, there are fishing charters available as well for those who prefer offshore trips. Contact Topsail Charter Fishing or Rough and Ready Charters for more information. Don’t miss the Spot Festival happening September 28th and 29th!
4) SEA TURTLES Hatch: Many of the sea turtle nests on Topsail will come alive in September and October. Don’t miss your opportunity to witness the miracle of life as these endangered creatures emerge and make their way into Topsail’s waters. For more information see Topsail’s local Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center website.
Take a look at this video captured on Topsail:
3) SHORT STAYS Available: Need a break from the grind? Why not getaway just for the weekend on Topsail? Enjoy a 2 night stay in nearly all of our condos. Some homeowners will accommodate 3 or 4 night stays on those long weekends as well. Give us a call for more info. or to book a short stay: 800-762-3961.
2) CHEAPEST RATES: Stay in an oceanfront condo cheaper than you can stay in some of the mainland hotels! Rates start at just $90 per day!
…and the NUMBER ONE reason to come to Topsail in the fall is…
1) R & R: Escape the noise of city life and enjoy the beauty and serenity of Topsail Island in the fall. This is the time of year when you can really get a sense of what it might be like to have your own private beach! Experience the peace and tranquility that settles over your soul as you breathe in the salty air, listen to the waves roll, and watch the wildlife. But be forewarned…just a weekend may not be enough; you may be tempted to extend your stay!
Just imagine yourself and your significant other enjoying a fall sunset from your private balcony at the St. Regis:
…Or maybe here on the sound side?
With mild temps, our cheapest rates, short stays, excellent fishing, awesome surfing, and fewer crowds, now is the time to plan your fall visit to one of the most beautiful places on earth! Don’t wait; give us a call today to book your 2, 3, or 4 night stay on Topsail Island: 800-762-3961.
*Several photos appearing in this post were taken by previous Treasure Realty guests and have “FlipKey Traveler Photo” logos. These photos are provided courtesy of FlipKey.
If you know Topsail Island, then you probably already know that the island is a haven for Sea Turtles, a haven where our residents and guests alike take great pride in preserving the turtles nesting grounds and also helping as many of the turtle population as possible survive and thrive. No one has done more to embody this spirit and to help the sea turtle population than Jean Beasley. (Jean is pictured left. Photo credit to Oceana.org)
Jean operates the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center which is located at 822 Carolina Avenue, Topsail Beach, NC 28445. The Sea Turtle Hospital is a wonderful place to visit if you are in the area although they are currently not able to allow tours of the facility. They do hope to be able to open up for tours before the end of the summer.
On July 30th Jean was honored by the environmental group Oceana with the 2013 Ocean Hero Award.
Here is a brief portion from the article posted the Oceana.org website.
“… “It’s a very humbling experience,” Jean explained. “I am very, very fortunate because sea turtles seem to illicit very strong feelings from people. I see it all the time when they visit our rescue and sometimes they’re seeing sea turtles up close for the very first time, they have a very emotional reaction to them. I say all the time that if I could bottle that charisma, and sell it, I’d never have to worry about finances again! Without that charisma from those animals looking into your eyes – I like to say that they look down to your soul – we wouldn’t be able to do the things for them that we do, that’s for sure. It’s a privilege to work for them.”
“When we started our rehab work with sea turtles sixteen years ago, this was not so much on my radar, it was more about honoring my daughter and her work and the legacy that she left me, and about these animals that I had fallen in love with twenty years before. None of us ever planned to have a sea turtle hospital, it was an injured sea turtle that did it.”” Click Here To Read The Entire Article
We, at Treasure Realty, would like to take this opportunity to thank Jean for her years of tireless effort and dedication to this cause and to say congratulations on winning this very special award.